According to Public Relations News, “Public relations is the management function which evaluates public attitudes, identifies the policies and procedures of an individual or an organization with the public interest, and plans and executes a program of action to earn public understanding and acceptance.”
MTCO specializes in helping businesses get the word out about the person, the company, products and or services to those who could potentially become customers or clients. Public relations is just one part of marketing, as marketing is made up of many things. The good news about PR is the cost and its effectiveness when attacking your target market.
Are news releases part of your communication strategy? If not, you’re missing opportunities to communicate directly with your best prospects. In today’s competitive environment, you don’t want to leave any worthwhile tactic under-utilized. News Releases are effective direct marketing tools that can drive traffic straight to your business, landing pages, blogs and websites.
To use them most effectively, MTCO urges companies to follow the “new rules of news releases.”
- Don’t wait until you have big news to report, because generating engaging stories with regularity is key.
- Write news releases that appeal to your customers directly, rather than to a handful of journalists or outlets.
- Place links in your news releases to the related landing page on your website.
- Include offers that compel your readers to respond to your release.
- Be sure to optimize your news release for searching and browsing.
Earned media is one of the most effective ways to generate demand for your brand using the most powerful tool in marketing – – placements throughout trusted industry communities.
MTCO assists businesses in positioning your brand, building your audience and gaining their trust. Learn more about this process by contacting Martha Tiller Public Relations and get started today!